?95 Stumbles and Misses

Hello,

89,000 miles, 4.3 Vortec

My Silverado has been stalling and missing over the past few weeks. I have put new plugs/wires (twice, the plugs were burnt up both times), distributor/rotor (just a few days ago), a fuel filter, and adjusted the timing, yet the problem persists. What else can it be?

Thanks, Jimmy

Reply to
pumpkinhead

Chevrolet

You might do a fuel pressure check (about 14 PSI from pump and about

9.5 to 10 PSI from regulator) and check TPS and maybe MAPas well. Might check for some water in fuel too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Reply to
Chevrolet

Lean mixtures or preignition (spark knock)

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Check you do not have a vacuum leak somewhere. I had a crack of one of the lines near the distributor. It had hardened and split.

R> Hello,

Reply to
Ronald Thompson

I have since Check Engine tested it, it came up as "Lean Exhaust" or something like that, said to check the ECM and the O2 Sensor. I replaced the PVC valve and ran a bottle of fuel treatment to clean out any water, and filled up with mid-grade gas. It seemed fine, just drove it for an hour, only sputtered once just after idling. Maybe this is all a case of bad gas? I am also going to check for any air leaks and other smaller things before I see about getting anymore expensive repairs

"Ronald Thompson" wrote

Reply to
pumpkinhead