96 c1500 pickup radio

hello everyone.

i have a 96 c1500, and the clock on the radio always stays on. i hasnt always stayed on, until i rebuilt the engine????? im not sure what that has to do with it, but it was after that, it stayed on.

the problem with this is, it continues to drain my battery when its cold out, and i havent ran it for a few days.

can anyone tell me how to diconnect the clock from being on all the time, and only when the ignition is on?

Thank you

Troy

Reply to
<tnemes

Odd problem. Normally, the clock only illuminates when the ignition is off when you press the Display or Recall button. Make sure this button isn't stuck. The only other thing I can suggest is to remove the fuse for the clock power while the ignition is off. It will turn off the clock display, but the clock will also not keep time and you will lose your station presets in memory.

Good luck - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

Jonathan,

Thanks for your help. ill try a few of those suggestion, and get back to you.

Thank you,

Troy

Reply to
<tnemes