96 Chevy S10 -- Any ideas to improve fuel efficiency??

I have the 4.3L V6 engine, but, my efficiency is comparable to a v8 corvette!

My gas gauge fluctuates about a quarter of a tank at any given point...

I have been told that there is a known defect with the fuel sensor? or something to do with the air mixture controlled by the fuel injectors...

Any experts out there familiar with this problem on a 96 Chevy S10?

Reply to
Dave and Leann

You gas guage has absolutely NOTHING to do with fuel efficiency.

How many miles since the last tune-up?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

On Wed, 19 May 2004 14:38:01 GMT, "Dave and Leann" wrote something wonderfully witty:

As an owner of a `95 Corvette & an `02 S-10 I can tell you the Vette gets better gas milage (by about 5 mpg) given the same driving style.

I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

How many miles per gal are you getting?

Reply to
Rizal Martinez
15 + or - a few with my 4.3 (01)
Reply to
Mark

On Sat, 22 May 2004 01:09:56 -0400, Mark wrote something wonderfully witty:

My `02 is usually in the 19/20 range. Sometimes less, never seen more. I have been told I am not allowed to use a broadsword to disprove ?The Pen is Mightier than the sword?.

Reply to
ZombyWoof