97 GMC Diesel codes

I have a 95 GMC with a 6.5L, my dad has a 97. I just check the error codes with the old paper clip and flashing lights and it gave me the following:

22 22 22 Accelorator Pedal Position 1 Circuit Low 23 23 23 Accelorator Pedal Position 1 Circuit Range Fault 35 35 35 Injection Pulse Width Error (Response Time Short) 78 78 78 Turbo Wastegate Solenoid Fault

Then it repeats.

I have a guess as to what 35 means to me because of the help I received from this newsgroup. I never got a 12 out of it. I just want to know what to do with the other codes.

And, while I'm here, is there a similar method to check a 97 GMC with the same engine?

Thanks

Chip

Reply to
WKJ

Can't help you with the codes for sure, it sounds sort of like an electrical problem poss the ign switch for several of them but the 35 code sounds like an FSD error but then I could be wrong on that. As for checking your dads with a paper clip, absolutely not. His truck is OBDII and yours is OBDI which is a horse of another color.

George Vigner>I have a 95 GMC with a 6.5L, my dad has a 97. I just check the error codes

Reply to
George Vigneron