'97 S-10 Cold in cab

Greetings, and thanks for reading. I have a '97 S-10 with a 4.3. Noticed that the temp inside the cab is not what I remembered it to be from years gone by. Thought that the thermostat was bad so I changed that. No difference. What seems to be the problem is that the control isn't letting the heat come thru. When I turn the temp knob up I can hear things changing. I think it has something to do with that control. Either it is bad and not turning things up, or when I turn it to hot the vent or mechanical change that is supposed to take place isn't totally happening. There is a difference in the temp, just would guess it's putting out about

60 deg. or so....

Before I take it to the garage, I was just looking for a guess or two as to some simple fixes.

Thanks Brad

Reply to
lnbn1975

Possibly the heater core is getting plugged up from adding some kind of stop leak? Look for a valve in the heater hoses and see if it is changing. Also check the heater hoses and see if the one is hot and the other warm, this will tell you that you are getting circulation through the heater core. Good Luck!

Reply to
The Adams Family

Not real sure. but take a look at your anti-freeze . possibly the heater core? Have a Great One ! Bob

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~

HVAC control head is another possibility, if nothing else pans out...

Reply to
Mike Levy

Some more info and cause of problem. Only 40,000 miles on engine. Changed anti-freeze couple years ago at less than 30,000 miles.

Took it to a radiator shop today. Thermometer said 120 deg coming out of dash vents. Return heater hose not as hot as inlet hose. Shop took both hoses off, put water line and air pressure line onto outlet of heater core, applied pressure and water. Didn't see anything come out, except air and water, but when he hooked up heater hoses to core, and checked temp from dash, up to 160 degrees in a minute or 2.

Must have had just some rust or debris in heater core. Even though there should not have been...

Brad

Reply to
lnbn1975