97 S-10 Rear Gear Ratio

I would like to know what the gear ratio on my S-10 is, where do I look in the glove box and what code do you need, someone let me know and I'll get it.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

Look for a white sticker on the bottom of the glove compartment.

Here are the codes for the full-size trucks. Maybe your S-10 code is one of them:

GU4 Rear axle, 3.08 ratio

GU6 Rear axle, 3.42 ratio

GT4 Rear axle, 3.73 ratio

GT5 Rear axle, 4.10 ratio

G80 Differential, locking, heavy duty

G86 Differential, limited slip, heavy-duty, rear

GM has also introduced a new rear axle configuration on its 2005 trucks:

GU5 Rear axle, 3.23 ratio

Reply to
One-Shot Scot