  1. DRL (headlights) intermittent for a while, then quit completely in daylight mode. Still work correctly in headlight mode. The indicator on the dash still goes on and off when the emergency brake is operated. Where's the relay/control module located? How do I get to it?

  1. Map and dome interior lights started coming on at random with the doors shut and running the battery down. I was in the truck with all doors shut, heard a couple of clicks inside the left side of the dash and the interior lights came on all by themselves. I unplugged the map light in the rearview mirror and removed the dome light to protect the battery. Is there any way to get to the relay without pulling the dash apart?

Might the two problems be related? Same module? Common ground?

What is the proper name for each module?

Any idea what the dealership would charge for a repair? Most independents are afraid of the electrical system and I'm not really small/limber enough to get under the dash without at least pulling the driver's seat 80(( I also don't greatly trust the local dealership to only do what's needed (past experience).

Keith B

Reply to
kabowers

#1. consider yourself lucky. Most of us have to jump through hoops to get the fukers shut off.

Reply to
Steve Barker

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:35:47 -0500, a rock fell the sky, hitting Steve Barker on the head, and inspiring the following:

I fail to understand why people don't like DRLs. I love them. I am thinking of switching to ambers, but still I love them.

Reply to
PerfectReign

I think the relay is in the glove box, otherwise its on the firewall/pass side.

Reply to
rb

#1. that is what the sun if for, #2. If you can't see a car in broad day light, you should stay at home #3. If a person feels the need to run headlamps in the broad daylight, it should be THEIR choice, not the cars or the governments. #4. They are annoying.

Reply to
Steve Barker

I agree. I notice other vehicles sooner, so I'm confident that other drivers see me earlier as well. It also helps me notice those people insistent on waiting for the last glimmer of light to fade before turning on their headlights.

On the other hand, I would like a switch to disable the automatic headlights as opposed to the 4x press of the dome overide button. I don't really need my lights to come on at a stop light under an overpass. I wonder if other drivers think I'm trying to signal them at times. I haven't received the bird yet so maybe not. I've come to rely on the feature enough that I forget to turn on my headlights on my other car... maybe it needs DRLs.

Reply to
jrk

Tt mostly boils down to lack of education

Reply to
Battleax

I'm no great fan, but I don't want to get zapped this fall when I have to get the thing inspected.

Keith B.

Reply to
kabowers

Now what the hell state requires DRL's to be working? And how would they possibly know which vehicles have them and which ones don't?

Reply to
Steve Barker

Re: /97 S10 DRL (Daylight Running Lights) Failure Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Fri, Mar 16, 2007, 5:27pm (EDT-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@some.yahoo.com (Steve=A0Barker) Now what the hell state requires DRL's to be working? And how would they possibly know which vehicles have them and which ones don't?

Reply to
James Fedorawicz