97 S10 outer door handle loose

When I pull on the outer door handle on my 97 S10 the frame or casing that surrounds the handle and seals with the door sticks out a little at the top. I can push it back flush with the door, but then it pull out a little the next time I use the handle. Can I just take off the door panel and tighten the bolts that attach the door handle assembly to the door, do I need to replace the whole assembly, or am I just screwed?

I bought this truck new and it's been great until recently. I'm not making this up - all of this has happened in the past six months: rearview mirror fell off, sunshade cover fell off, valve cover started leaking, lound noise from A/C (I'm guessing the bearings are shot) and now the loose door handle. Do these things have self-destruct timers?

Reply to
cajun626

It is probably broken...get to it from in the panel..

Reply to
Scott M