97 Tahoe stalling

I am having a strange problem that I would appreciate everyone's input on.

About 3 months ago my 97 Tahoe was having a problem where when idling or accelerating at low speed the engine would shudder and almost stall. I took it to the dealer for repair and they cleaned the fuel injection system. That made a marginal difference. The problem has now become much worse. Here are the specifics:

The vehicle will occasionally quit when idling. The problem is most prevalent when accelerating below 20 MPH and still occurs until about 45MPH. When driving at highway speeds they problem goes away. I have a 10 minute drive in the morning and this is when the problem occurs most. It almost never happens when I am driving home. I park the truck outside on an incline. The problem seems to worsen after rain.

I know I should just take it to the dealer and have them look at it but my last visit cost almost $800 and I don't want to pay that again for poor results.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
hjack

Just some questions: Engine size? Miles? Any other recent repairs? Which way is it facing on the incline? Do you park on this incline at home or at work?

When you are driving home, is the truck warm, or is the ride longer, or of higher speeds? Always stop by your g/fs on your way home to the wife? What makes the ride home different?

Why did you wait so long to go back to the dealer? After $800 if it wasn't PERFECT on the way home, for a fuel system cleaning I would have brought it right the hell back. I got a quote once for something similar on a 1 injector S10 truck for $140 - thought it wasn't dealer, and you probably don't have a TBI.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ