98 Astro coolant loss

I've checked but there doesn't appear to be a leak anywhere. Any ideas on what might cause a loss of coolant? I'm losing about a pint a week, sometimes more....

Thanks....

Reply to
RAD1

"RAD1" wrote

Probably either the block heater (if you have such a thing on your vehicle) or the intake manifold gasket. Remember that you often can't see the leak when it's a slow leak. The coolant just burns off before it drips to the ground. Look for white residue that would indicate the dexcool leak tracking down from wherever it happens to be leaking from.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Hope it is not going into your oil. It's a rather common problem with that engine.

Reply to
Dick