98 Blazer, blower fan squeals

The air blower fan in my Blazer is doing intermittent squeal.

So far, changing the speed up and down helps. I'm going for a look, today, see if I can find the blower motor, and oil it. Anyone have experience with this?

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Looked under the hood. The blower motor is somewhat visible. I drilled 1/8 hole right over the end bearing, and squirted in some LPS-1.

No more squeal. Cheapest fix I've had, in ages.

.

So far, changing the speed up and down helps. I'm going for a look, today, see if I can find the blower motor, and oil it. Anyone have experience with this?

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Don't forget to plug the hole to keep moisture out!!!! (or you will be spraying it often)

Reply to
clare

It's under the hood!!!!

Eventually, I'll figure out some way to cover that. Now, it's oily and a bit non adhesive.

.

Don't forget to plug the hole to keep moisture out!!!! (or you will be spraying it often)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Drove the Rusty Cheverolet on Christmas, deliver presents to good people. Boys, girls, adults.

.

No more squeal. Cheapest fix I've had, in ages.

.

So far, changing the speed up and down helps. I'm going for a look, today, see if I can find the blower motor, and oil it. Anyone have experience with this?

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This may sound crazy, but if you run the air conditioning once a while. It should lubricate the motor. I run it once in while in the driveway, with no one in the vehicle to freeze. Or by myself with a good coat. I never had motor issues.

Reply to
4546

Why would I want to lubricate the AC compressor, when the fan blower motor squeals? Do you feed your cat, when your dog howls for attention?

.

This may sound crazy, but if you run the air conditioning once a while. It should lubricate the motor. I run it once in while in the driveway, with no one in the vehicle to freeze. Or by myself with a good coat. I never had motor issues.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Will not have ANY effect on the motor. A/C can NOT lubricate the blower motor. What it can and WILL do is keep the seals in the A/C system oiled and prevent (or help prevent) refrigerant leaks. Using your DEFROST setting operates the AC on virtually ALL air conditioned vehicles available in North America over the last 30 years or so.

Reply to
clare

Perhaps he feeds his cat TO his dog

Reply to
clare

YES, I was CURIOUS if any *one* else wOULD notice we are DISCUSSING two different DEVICES. gLAD you #DID#!!!!!!

.

Will not have ANY effect on the motor. A/C can NOT lubricate the blower motor. What it can and WILL do is keep the seals in the A/C system oiled and prevent (or help prevent) refrigerant leaks. Using your DEFROST setting operates the AC on virtually ALL air conditioned vehicles available in North America over the last 30 years or so.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Should he feed his blower motor to his AC compressor?

.

Perhaps he feeds his cat TO his dog

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The defrost, using the AC compressor, reduces the mileage. I do use it now and again, to keep the fog off the window, and also to cycle the AC compressor.

.

Will not have ANY effect on the motor. A/C can NOT lubricate the blower motor. What it can and WILL do is keep the seals in the A/C system oiled and prevent (or help prevent) refrigerant leaks. Using your DEFROST setting operates the AC on virtually ALL air conditioned vehicles available in North America over the last 30 years or so.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The defrost with AC is WAY faster than defrost on a non-AC vehicle because AC puts warm DRY air over the windsheild, sucking the moisture off the windscreen. The AC does not run full time (it cycles) and has very little effect on the mileage.

Also - A/C or not, in winter it is best to run defrost full time to warm the A pillars and roof to prevent condensation which causes rust.

Guys up here who like warm feet usually end up with the vehicle rusting out around the windshield and in the a-pillar area. The slop on the floor evaporates from the heat and rises due to convection, then condenses on the cold roof and runs down the pillars.

Reply to
clare

OOPs, No more posting while tired. 2 different thing, sorry

Reply to
4546