98 Blazer starting problems

Sorry the imports and taxes are so high. Sounds like a cottage industry in the making. Bunch of little old ladies with bridge dates in passenger car, carrying a basket of MMO and other stuff northward?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What's the pain??? What regs are the problem? I'll bet it's the same sending things south.

Reply to
clare

With the tools in the back, and the small things, I never open the back hatch (yes, I open the glass). So, I put a cover over the handle, twice others have opened the hatch and my tools fall out. And of course, I moved the cover to the new vehicle.

Now, less than a month after I bought the replacement vehicle one of the tail light bulb stopped working. of course, to replace it means to open the hatch to get at the screws.

Sigh. Well, can't win some times.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Called for prices, and found some reasonable price 3057 bulbs. Come home, open the back hatch. Tools fall out.

The bulbs not been changed in a while, the rubber seal is stuck badly. Open all six (two tail light on each side, and one backup light on each side). Spray the rubber with silicone spray. Spot of dielectric grease on the new bulbs. Didn't change the backup lights, they get less use.

Light grease on the fixture mounting screws. Reassemble. Close hatch, reload tools.

"ten minute job" that took about half an hour.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How much you want to bet the backup lights will require replacement before spring???

Reply to
clare

You're on! Five bucks says they don't.

I lose if both backup bulbs go bad before June 01, 2016.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You lose if one goes bad, because it means you have to open it all up again to do the job over. What were 2 backup bulbs worth??

Reply to
clare

Spend a (good) bit more and replace all with LEDs. Likely to out last the Blazer,

Reply to
NotMe

Not with the luck I've had with LEDs

Reply to
clare

Naah, that wasn't the offer. I didn't ask about the price of backup bulbs. Wouldn't have to "open it all up", just the hatch and the side with the bad bulb.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I did get a couple LED bulbs off Ebay, which were not very bright. A friend tells me that O'Reilley's has LED bulbs which are very bright, and about $14 per bulb. Maybe when I come into serious money.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You and "NotMe" want to set up a bet?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The newer Blazer comes with a Reese hitch and but not the removable part, and not the ball. Also, no wires for the trailer lights.

I had asked my neighbor the mechanic if he'd like to wire one in. Sure, a few days from now. After being delayed a couple times, I decided it's time for action.

Computer, web search. Found a Youtube, and it didn't look difficult. And now, the trailer wiring is in. Works, also. Tried it while connected to the trailer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon