98 Chevy Astro

I have a 98 Chevy Astro that will not start, engine turns and turns with no luck. Thinking may be fuel related? Any ideas would be appreciated.

rc

Reply to
rc

rc,

Last time my ole '91 Astro did that it was the ignition module inside the distributor. If it's got a carb like mine, one easy way to check it would be to remove the dog house and top of the air cleaner and pour a SMALL amount of gas directly in the carb... if it lights, then it's a fuel issue, if not, probably the ignition module.

Good Luck

Reply to
websurfer

You need to verify:

1) Fuel delivery 2) Spark delivery 3) Ignition timing (if #2 is ok) 4) Engine timing/compression

It's one of those 4. Figure out which then we can take it from there!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"