98 tahoe t-case

Hello All,

I blew out a ujoint the other day, no biggie. Figure while Ive got the Tahoe up off the ground and its now out of warrenty, Id better do some maintence. Change diff lube and change the Tcase over to the new blue fluid. Didnt get to the diffs yet. Went to change Tcase though, and NO way was the fill plug coming loose. Ive never seen something so tight. I ended up on it so hard its almost rounded out. Why such a small 1/4 drive plug. Least the diffs are 3/8 drive. Im glad I went to the fill before the drain. Well any ideas, how am I going to get it off now?? It wont take much more pressure before it rounds the rest of the way. My first thought was to JB weld a cheap square bit or extention to it. Who knows Help Tony

98 Tahoe z71
Reply to
Rokihora

Try a square drive plug socket. It has more 'meat' to it. You can also try some heat (propane only!)

Reply to
Hank