99 blazer keyless entry problem

I am re posting this, from a few years ago.

I have found this way on the internet as to how to reprogram the key fobs,

  1. Start with the ignition OFF, hold down the power unlock button on the door panel. Turn the ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The locks will cycle once.

  1. Hold down the key fob lock and unlock buttons for 15 seconds. The locks will again cycle once.

  2. Repeat step 2 for each additional key fob.

  1. Turn the ignition on to exit the key fob programming mode. Programming is now complete.

And I have tried it numerous times without it working, The locks on the doors never cycle, also the owners manual didn't work ether.

On a side note I had a problem with my passlock system on the blazer and had it replaced by a dealership, if that would be related at all.

Are there any other ways?

Reply to
catphe10

I remember somethinig about hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the fob for 4 seconds, at the same time. Been a long, long time since I read that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, I have tried holding down the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob to try and scan for the right frequency but nothing ever happens?

Reply to
catphe10