99 Chevy Blazer power windows

Howdy, My '99 Chevy Blazer has been pretty good to me for 106,000 miles. A few days ago the drivers side power window started making a loud pop as it reaches the upper limit. I can feel the thunk/vibration through the inside door panel. If I am very careful, I can baby the switch and let off when the window seems, visually, to have reached the top of travel to avoid the pop. Anybody know what I need to replace before I break something (or break it completely)?

Any guidance much appreciated, Carl

Reply to
Carlshead

It sounds like the limit switch has quit working or fell off and the window is jamming hard against the frame. Pop the door panel off and it should be fairly obvious what is wrong. Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland