99 Silverado Seatbelt Repair/Replacement

The seatbelt on the passenger seat is not working properly. Once latched, it tightens up (while truck is/is not moving) and will not release unless one unlatches it and relatches it. It seems like the little swinging thingy that contols it must be not working properly. Any easy way to fix it?

Autumn

Reply to
Autumn

bobo

Does this seat have a built in seat belt retractor? My 2004 Silverado has this design (the seat belt pulls out of a small tower built into the top of the backrest) and I feel that it is a poorly designed system. I don't think that the seat belt should ever be incorporated into the seat.

If your seat has this design, it may be part of a massive seat belt retractor recall that GM had a couple of years ago. Since this is a safety related recall, there may be no time or ownership restrictions.

I found a reference to a recall designed to fix this problem: "Front seat belt bunching, replace retractor assembly 1999 Silverado, Sierra."

And this:

"1999 Chevrolet Silverado LT from North America. Several recalls including seat belts and brakes."

One-Shot Scot

Thanks very much for all of your help. It is much appreciated.

Reply to
Autumn