'99 Silverado/Sierra door jamb sensor question

Where is the sensor that detects if the door is ajar? I am looking for what is usually a small push button, but none exists.

The vehicle detects that the door is partially open, while the door is securily closed.

Thanks

Reply to
John E

Bobo

_____________

Tippy

Reply to
tippy

By detecting that the door is open is this: Normally, when I turn the ignition off, the accessories should stay on, radio, power windows, etc (for about twenty minutes or until I pull the door handle). Now, when I turn the key off, everything stops. In addition, if I have the dome light enabled, it stays on, even with the door closed.

Thanks

Reply to
John E

Reply to
Bobo

Bobo,

Thanks for your feedback. It is very helpful. I will check out what you have suggested. I have not yet been able to see which switch I have. I will grab the meter and test it. A schematic would be most helpful.

So, I will take you up on your offer for a schematic. Thanks.

One more question. If I break the $5 switch while testing it, will it cause any other annoyances or just the ones that I already have?

Thanks Again, John snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
John E

Any more thoughts?