99 Suburban A/C Problem

My A/C system was repaired by replacing compressor, dryer, and rear evaporator coil. Now it cools, but not well. I took it back and the compressor was replaced, but I see no improvement. Temperature from vents is 65 degrees in front and 70 degrees in back. I get about 55 degrees on other vehicles. Shop suggested that the heating/cooling door actuators might not be closing, but if that is the case, wouldn't the rear coil be blowing cold air? Cycling the controls to get air from different sources seems to indicate heating/cooling doors are cycling okay.

Pressures are supposed to be okay. If that is the case, I suspect there is a flow limitation somewhere. Vehicle has 97,000 miles. Any insights?

Reply to
Jerry Hendon

Just as a comparison, my '99 Suburban goes down to 46 deg. F at the vents on Max AC! Just checked it two weeks ago. It has 80K on the clock.

bobo

If you have the correct amount of refrigerant in the system, the metering tube may be of inadequate size to accomodate the 134a.

Has this system been retrofitted or the compressor replaced? If not, disregard the following questions.

If so, the metering device was not replaced with the correct size.

Was it working correctly after the retrofit/component replacement?

TM

Reply to
TM