99 tahoe interior lights

can anyone help me diagnose my interior lights. they come on by themself for no reason. sitting or driving. when they come on they stay on till the battery is dead. i have checked every switch all are working i am wondering if there is a usuall problem and of course it will not do it all the time. i think it is the timer that shuts off the lights after a pierod of time probably a computer at $100's of dollars......

Reply to
unemployabel

Yes that truck probably has a "lighting controll module" could be that. I would double check the door switches and anyting else that turns those lights on first for sure. Does it have a "door ajar" light on the dash also? Is it on when the doors are closed.? If so most likely a door switch. Did you check the hatch one too?

Reply to
Scott M