A Starter Problem ?

I have a 05 Colorado. Dealer told me that when I engage the starter the noise I hear Is normal. Don't understand this as I've had the truck for 6 mo's now and it's started doing this about a week ago. Asked about that to dealer, No response.

The noise is like the starter is not connecting with the flywheel. It's the sound of when one would engage the starter when the motor is running. Dealer told me its Imposable to hear that noise because the starter will not engage once the engine has started. True, It will not do it once its running. But it does it when it's being started in the AM.

What is the cause of this ?

TIA

Reply to
Kevin

Hi!

Probably damage to the starter drive or flywheel/flexplate assembly. It's also possible that the starter could have worked its way loose or sheared a mounting bolt off...this might make it move to a point where it cannot work reliably.

If you don't get it fixed, you may find one day that the truck won't start. In any event, each time you start the truck you are likely doing some damage. Should the dealership not want to look at it--find another one or politely--but firmly--insist that the truck is not functioning correctly.

William The Guesser

Reply to
William R. Walsh