ABS light on 95 Suburban

Hi On my 95 Suburban 5.7, 1500 with 135k miles, the ABS light came on about a month ago and never went off. i think i only have rear wheel ABS. Any ideas what the problem may be? Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

Nope. The ABS (RABS for rear-only ABS) is disabled when the light is on steady, but if you don't tell us the error code(s) I/we can't help you. -PapaRick

Chuck wrote:

Reply to
Rick Colombo

hi rick and thank you for replying. how do i go about getting the error codes? i have no idea. thank in advance. chuck

Reply to
Chuck

what make you say that, if you slam on the brake pedal are the rear brakes locking up?

a ABS brake sensor came loose!

BBA

Reply to
BBA

yes, the rear brakes lock up if i slam them. so where is the brake sensor? i would think that they are on the rear wheele somewhere but i have no idea what to look for. thanks BBA

Reply to
Chuck

It's probably not a sensor if the rear brakes are locking up! -Vehicle likely has a hard ABS error code stored in memory! You may want to retrieve this code! As this trouble code may give us a better idea or possibly let you know what the problem is right off the bat!

You may use either a scan tool or possibly you can use a fork (on a OBD-I syetem) tool to retrieve error codes.

Although may be that the system is OBDII and thus you may require a scan tool to retrieve codes.

Anyways you're best and of course safest bet, would be to take it in to a qualified auto tech.

BBA

Reply to
BBA