ac compressor

I have a 1995 chevy k1500 work truck. It has a 5.7 v8 engine. I got a new compressor, accumulator and orifice for it. Flushed system. Put 6 oz of pag

150 in compressor. Couldn't turn compressor by hand, had to put a female nut on clutch and turn it using wrench. Put everything together after putting 2 oz of oil in accumulator. compressor came with 1.5 oz of ice. Ran vacuum for over an hour. It held vacuum for 1/2 hour so I started filling with refrigerant. AC started cycling as refrigerant went in then stayed on. Got 12oz can in and pressures were already 40 psi low side and 325 high side at 80 degrees. I was afraid to put any more in and compressor was making what I thought was a lot of noise. High side hose was too hot to touch and low side wasn't cold or sweating. I turned the ac off and then the engine. I could hear gurgling and it seemed to be coming from the accumulator. The next thing I knew the radiator cap was spraying radiator fluid all over the place but I managed to jump out of the way. When all the pressure was released I checked the cap and it seemed to be messed up. Now, I seriously doubt the radiator had anything to do with the AC. That's just my luck when I work on vehicles. But could the new compressor be bad, now when I think about it I'm not sure I heard the wup wup sound as I turned it, but I'm not sure. And that gurgling from the accumulator. I sure hate having to take that compressor off unless it's bad.
Reply to
Ringer

I've read through your post, several times. Nothing comes to mind, as to what went right, or wrong. I hope someone on this list has the necessary experience.

Please let us know if you get it figured out.

.

[...]
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Ringer

Check the condenser. Likely completely clogged with sand, bugs ect. This will cause both issues listed. Very high "high" side pressure and overheating.

thanks, mike

Reply to
jag

also check for a bad fan clutch