advice as to what its true value of a 1950 Chevy 6400

Hi all, I'm Dave and I'm new here.

I just acquired a 1950 Chevy 6400 (two ton) State body or stake body truck(depending on who I listen to) in a trade. The truck has a flat head six with only 51,000 original miles on the truck, a two speed rear end and from what I can see there is no rust or rot to be found on it anywhere.

I would like to recieve some advice as to what its true value might be from someone familiar with collecting antique trucks.

I have pictures of it and will send them to anyone interested via email.My email address is " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"The truck has a few minor dents like krinkles on the hood from forcing it to latch properly and one down the passenger side rear cab corner I think it is a dump body because I see the PTO assembly, but it has since been set up to haul and dump grain,so the tailgate area of the bed would need to be changed to use that feature if it even works.The truck is located in the exact center of the U.S.A., it needs brake work, but I can do that to make it driveable. Tires are great that are on it and there is no vehile inspection needed to regester it here to put plates on it.

Even if you are not interested in buying it I still would like some info on its value. ersonaly I love the truck and wish I could keep it, but I'm putting an addition on my house and might need the money more than the truck.

TY for any advice offered... Dave

Reply to
Dave R