Advice please...

Hi, can you please recommend make and model for a pickup...

2007 or 2008 towing 2800 lb trailer ~160 miles at a time long lasting low maintenance best value for the money automatic gas or diesel nothing fancy

I think a 1/2 ton would be right but I need suggestions for the best make and model.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Reply to
Eric D

Just my opinion...........If the total weight is 2800 lbs, any full size pick up will pull it. Most of todays gas engines will run over

200K miles with regular maintenance. If you'll be going up and down some fairly steep grades, you'll want a V-8 for sure. If you plan on backing it up a lot, get a short wheel base, it is a little easier in tight places. As far as gas or diesel.....the fuel price varies so no one can help you with that other than diesels cost a LOT more to purchase.

Now, reach down and grab a pair, and make a decision cowboy! :-)

Hank

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

Mid size as well. Canyon / Colorado are rated for 6,000.

Reply to
Commentator