Again: 85 Chevy Silverado - Ignition Switch Actuator rod, how do i get back on??

85 Silverado:

I was putting a new ignition switch on and I was being real careful not to move the rod too much (obviously no careful enough) but the rod just fell off and judging from the connector on the other end it really isnt bolted to anything on the other side any way.

Is there a way to put this rod back without taking apart my whole steering column? I can't get my head back there to see where this thing goes.

Reply to
AChevyFan

I've never tried but I would think it should slide in just as easy as it slid out. Finding where it slid out of is gonna be the challenge. Sorry I couldn't help...

Brian

Reply to
Brian Lichty

Have you tried a mirror and a pen light?

Reply to
aarcuda69062