Air traped in coolant?

1990 1500 350-md8 2wd w/ac- I can hear gurgles in heater core in morning when first started, New 350 GM goodwrech motor, New eldelbrock Aluminum water pump-level is full at rad.cap. How do I get all the air out Thanks for any help!
Reply to
Racer-X

go out and buy a Stant LevR radiator cap. start engine, turn heater to max hot, warm engine fully, pull the lever on the rad cap a couple of times (it'll make a bunch of whooshing/boiling noises), let engine cool down, top off radiator and over flow. done.

if you have the thermostat out for any reason, drill a 1/8" hole in it, and it will bleed the air out automatically.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase