Antifreeze leak 88 Chevy

I have an 88 Chevy one ton dually with a 454. A few days ago I noticed I was leaking antifreeze. I have not had enough time to fully look at it but I do see that the antifreeze is running down the bottom of the bottom radiator hose. Do you think I have a leaking water pump or is the hose just leaking?

Like I said I have not had enough spare time to fully diagnose just want to get your gut feelings.

Reply to
aGraham

Water pump leaking. Slim possibility the hose is leaking around the clamp, but more than likely its the water pump leaking. It's easier to make time to find the problem in the convenience of your driveway, then to have plenty of time broke down on the side of the road.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Yea, if I see antifreeze, I have to make time, no matter what, to find out where it is coming from. The quick guess would be the pump. Once again, no mileage or history provided. They want good news like a loose clamp so they don't dare say it has 200K miles on the pump or anything that could kill the deal.

Reply to
Al Bundy

sorry 98K miles, no other mechanical issues.

Reply to
aGraham