Any fix for a Squeaky alternator?

My 2001 Tahoe has been squeaking (on and off) for while now. I just took the serp belt off and spun the altenator and that is what is squeaking. Is there any way to fix or do I need to replace it (or just live with the noise)?

Regards

Reply to
homerlex

It is probably the rear bearing. It can be replaced. It costs about $5. You have to tear down the alt to do it of coarse. Your best bet if you are going to keep the truck for a long time would be a rebuilt with a lifetime warranty.

Reply to
Scott M