Anyone have a G1500/2500/ or 3500 Chevy Cargo Van ???

I have a 1998 G1500 cargo van that sees relatively light duty. It has the 305 motor in it. Its been pretty reliable thus far. I have almost

80,000 miles on it, and was wondering when i should think about trading it in on a new Chevy cargo van.

How many miles do u have on yours, and has it been reliable ??

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
dave

I manage a fleet of 15 Chevy cargo vans for the company I work for. They are in what I would say very hard service. 50-70k miles/year, Stop and go, heavy loads, generally beat on by drivers. They are mostly 4.3L 1500's with a few

25-3500's mixed in. They usually are beat to death by about 160k miles. Most frequent problems I see are multiple bad trannies per van, usually after 100k miles and fuel pumps. I'm confident that a van driven by a responsible person and maintained well should have no problem reaching at least 200k miles.

On another note there are a few older style chevy vans in the junkyard I frequent that have well over 435k miles on them. Cant imagine trying to drive a van with that many miles.

Reply to
TMac79