Attempted theft of 1986 C10…Result…damaged steering column

Well it happened...Some neighborhood lackey learned how easy it was to crack open the steering column on the older Chevys and steal them. Lucky for me, the truck had sat so long, the battery was dead, and they could not turn the SOB over...complete amateur hour...

Anywho, I write because somewhere I saw advertised reinforced billet steering column (covers?) for Chevys? Can someone point me in the direction of one of these items, or provided feedback on this type of deterrent? Also, are there any other ideas about to keep the party off my steering column?

Feedback appreciated,

Artie

Reply to
Art Vandelay

I feel your pain. My dad gave me his '86 GMC Sierra 2 yrs. ago. This year is my senior year in high school and I started my year off by finding an empty parking space where the truck was at the begining of school. My friend said he saw 2 guys ridin' around in it 3 days after. Never got it back. Just invested about $8,000 in it too.

Check out jegs.com or lmctruck.com

LMC specializes in GM vehicles of that year range, so you should find something you like.

Popular truck model, KEEP YOUR EYES ON IT!

Hope this helps

Reply to
20eXtreme00

Beyond the fact that they're popular--they're just *really* damn common. It's hard to throw a rock without hitting a C/K!

I got off lucky... my Blazer was "only" broken into, and the stereo gear and tools stolen.

~jp

20eXtreme00 wrote:
Reply to
Jon R. Pickens