Auto Running Lights

Does anyone know why my head lights come on all the time instead of the running lamps during the daylight hours? I have a 2000 GMC Sierra Pickup. I assume it is the same as the 2000 Chevy Silverado. Any suggestions are appreciated...

Bill Carr

Reply to
wmrcarr3

Here's the easiest answer. Your daytime running lights are controlled by a little thing sticking up in the center of the dash. If you have it covered, your truck will think its dark outside.

Reply to
George

The headlights in my GM vehicles come on at reduced intensity (80%?) during the day.

Reply to
William Andersen

Reply to
Mark Schooley

There are instructions for fixing this problem at

Steve Barker

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 16:21:24 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote (in article ):

It's a funny thing...My headlights seem to go on at the weirdest times - like on a sunny day, or sometimes on an overcast day. Thought it was the sensor....Not on my list of current priorities to investigate.

MO

2003 Chevy Silverado LT 6.0 / 4X4 / Crewcab Quadrasteer
Reply to
Mo

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:51:29 -0400, a rock fell from the sky, hitting Mark Schooley on the head, and inspiring the following:

AFAIK, my truck has DRLs which are different than the headlights.

I was thinking of switching to ambers, as they look good in the '02-'04 trucks but my '06 AV has the DRL housing right next to my turn signals.

To the OP, I'd suggest checking your sensor to make sure it is clear and free.

Reply to
PerfectReign