back-flush and engine petcock....

Thank you in advance for any help.

I am looking to back-flush my son's 1996 Chevy Blazer 4.3 V6 (w).

I have Chilton's book for this car and it's difficult deciphering some of the information on this topic. In Chilton's it mentions (in the General Information and Maintenance part) "Open the radiator and engine petcocks (located near the bottom of the radiator and engine block, respectfully), or disconnect the radiator hose at the radiator outlet.

Does anyone know if this engine has a drain plug and if so, where is it located. I bought Prestone Flush 'n fill kit. If there is an engine drain would it be better to forgo the kit and use the engine drain?

I would appreciate any other info you may have. I will be working on the car Thursday (tomorrow) morning. I hope to get the correct heater hose to cut.

Thanks again? Hank snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net

Reply to
Hank

Thanks....

Do you know where I can get a "service manual" for my son's 1996 chevy blazer 2wd 4.3? I've tried ebay, etc. with no luck for quite a while.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

Try

They aren't cheap but that are the real factory manuals

Randy

Reply to
Randal O'Brian