Battery life, and size

At present, my van has a group 78 battery (5.6 or something engine size, the big 350). Is the larger battery needed, or would a group 75 (less amps) work?

The Blazer has a group 75, the smaller battery (4.3 engine). Should it have the larger battery?

I'm in NY state, so we get down about 0F at the coldest part of winter.

The van battery was installed oct 07. The Blazer is undetermined, it was used when I got the truck last Jan. What's a typical battery life?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Don't go less amps. Go more or the same. You could find that when you need the amps most. Is exactly when you don't want a problem. Dead of coldest winter.

The size isn't as important. But the amps is.

Another thing is on older vehicles. The starter gets old and starts drawing more amps to turn over the car. Then its good to have the extra amps.

Reply to
DogDiesel