Bed cap swap ?

Can I take the bed cap off my 1989 s10 (6 foot bed) (poor old truck; rusting into the ground) and put it on a 2002 s10 with a 6 foot bed ? This is a full cap ( not a flat cover I see on the web, but a "dome" ; I've got cleats on the side I use with my kayaks; hate not to have one)

Reply to
barret bonden

Nope, bed has a different shape.

Reply to
Steve W.

I have used the same aluminum cap on a 1987 Toyota, a 91 S-10. And I now have it on my 2,001 S-10. Set it on, see how it fits. It won't be perfect, but may work. I secure it with clamps, as opposed to bolting. And put a gasket between the bed and cap.

Reply to
4546

The answer to this is "Yes" ; the bed size and design were almost exactly the same; an easy move.

Reply to
barret bonden