best place to find a used a used Pickup Cap

hi.

i'm in the market for a used (up to 200 dollars in price) pickup cap for my chevy s10 pickup.

does anyone have any ideas on where is the best place to start looking.

i've done a little bit of research on the web and i can mainly find new dealers that dont have any used inventory.

shoudl i just keep looking in the paper and car sale magazines hoping for something to pop up or is there a better way?

i live in massachusetts.

thanks in advanced for any replies.

Reply to
fred

Your local newspaper and Dandy Dime or Thrifty Nickel. You can try placing an ad in a local newsgroup, but here in Arizona they are worthless. The used cap dealers here are about 25% less than new. Used caps are around 2 to 3 hundred if they are very good.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

wrecking yard

Reply to
mudmonkey

... Just for grins, try Ebay Motors... ya never know what you'll find... :-)

Reply to
websurfer

Try

I bought and sold mine there.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

thank you. I'm gonna check it out right now.

Reply to
fred

yea I have been but no real luck :( Its hard to find stuff near me.

I did however buy a Pop-Up camper off of ebay motors not too long ago :)

that's basically the main reason that I want the Cap for the Pickup. So i can haul my camping equipment in the bed and not worry about covering thing with tarps etc.. to keep it from getting wet.

Reply to
fred

I'll keep on checking the paper. I looked at some prices for new A.R.E models and they range from 1000 to 1500 dollars.. even if i get 25% off from those if i buy used.. its still way out of my range..

hopefully Leer or some other company has cheaper versions out there.

Reply to
fred

you know, that didnt' even cross my mind..

i'll make a couple of calls tommorow.

Reply to
fred

I am in the process of Redoing my S-10

I bought a complete s-10 with a good BOX for $100. Front Cab mounts were rusted OUT. Front fenders and DOORS are like NEW . ENGINE HAS rod thru the oil pan!

Today I bought A Like new Cab From a Junkyard for $50.00 With Good doors ( and They delivered it )

This is the 2nd time I have restored a truck this way..

YOU MUST CHANGE the wiring Harnace. Use your original Harness or u may Get SMOKE from the Dash!!!

Get a Bill of Sale WITH the VIN number on it.. to be legal u need to retitle it as an ASSEMBLED VEHICLE.

and I am in Michigan.

Reply to
no one

Uncle Henry's Swap and Sell it Guide and there are other swap and sell it Mags for New England out there as well at the news stand or book store.I am in Maine ,Howdy neighbor..LOL

Reply to
benick

i will be in maine in late august, hopefully with my truck, my cap on the truck, camping supplies inside the bed covered by the cap, and pulling my Pop-up camper.

I'm heading up to Acadia National Park, in Bar Harbor. It is beautiful there.

Reply to
fred

Reply to
benick