Best tires for 2000 Suburban?

P265/70/R16

Currently has Firestone Wilderness LE's which are AWFUL in the snow. Well, they are just OK but, slippery stuff makes things very dicey.

What would be a good year-round tire for the Northeast US? Of course, I could always have snow tires for winter and all-season's for the other 3 seasons too so I am all ears.

I just want to know what others have used and liked. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Vector Newman

I'd look at Both: Any Michelin LTX tire AT, M&S, SUV...

or Bridgestone Dueler REVOs... Consider LT tires, not P Metric.

I have Michelin LTX-AT at 5 years now... 60,000 miles.. a little noisy and 'superficial' side wall cracks....

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

How much do you want to spend? A good source for awesome info is

I wouldn't buy from them, but they have loads of ratings for all sorts of aspects of a tire and there are allot of opinions from owners of the tires on the site to.

Reply to
Shades

p.s. Michelin A/T is a great all around tire with AWESOME wear and ride. BFG A/T is better in the snow and off-road, but not as good as the Michelin A/T for wear and ride. BFG is a bit less expensive too and they both have the same parent company.

Reply to
Shades

awesome info is

for all sorts of

owners of the tires

in the snow.

dicey.

US? Of course, I

for the other 3

help

SUV...

P Metric.

miles..

cracks....

Reply to
Boots

I have Michelin Cross Terrain on my 2002 suburban Z71 and I like them fine. Goodyears never lasted on my old Tahoe. in in PA. Good in snow and all around.

Reply to
No