best tires for my truck?

I have a 2000 chevy blazer. I live in northern wisconsin and drive the back roads in winter. I need a all-season tire that will be the best even in snow. I have some Goodyear ones on it now, and they are terrible and only three years old.

Any suggestions for the best all season ones for snow driving? Any online resources that help you pick the right ones? I tried a search to no avail.

Reply to
Chris B

Not "all season," all weather.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

They do not appear to be available in the USA. There are no dealers for them here.

Reply to
Chris B

Nokian tires are available in a lot of places in the US. Sears even has some.

punch in your zip code.

Rocky's Service Hwy 63 North Cable, Wisconsin 54821

715-798-3782

Jake's Quality Tire Inc.

3273 Carlton Street P.O. Box 16359 Duluth, Minnesota 55806 (218) 628-0208

Palm's Town Pump

285 Kennedy Memorial Drive Hoyt Lakes, Minnesota 55750 (218) 225-2324

DG Towing & Repair Highway 371 North Pequot Lakes, Minnesota 56472

218-568-4121

Steve W.

check

they have snow ratings for all major brands and will UPS tires to anywhere

I would suggest the Michelin LTX MS series

Reply to
Reed

"Chris B" wrote in message news:Oy%Og.774$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny...

Gee how about snow tires in the winter for snow? all season or all weather tires are like anything else designed to do 20 different things, like any other jack of all trades, they are master of none. Tires 3 years old with how many miles on them? They had 7/32" of tread new, maybe 9/32", so they are about half wore out now or better, meaning some where between 7/64" and 9/64" of tread left, less than a 1/4". A good mud and snow with self cleaning lugs is going to have somewhere between 15/32" and 19/32" , or better in tread depth. Trade off is because tread depth is so deep you get squirm and they don't handle as well on dry pavement at high speed, and because the tread compound is softer so it will flex better at lower temps, they don't last as long on hot pavement. Another upside to swapping, is if you use a different set of rims, like plain old steel ones , the road salt doesn't get to mess up your nice aluminum rims. Germany didn't mandate snow tires in the winter if you had all season, but if you had an accident in snow and didn't have chains as well, you could get a ticket. They also required that if you ran snow tires, you ran them on all four corners. thought it strange, till the first snow, truck and car sure steered better, and fronts didn't lock up as easy. Oh and I was born raised and learned to drive in the Adirondacks, and then spent 4 years driving in the mountains of Germany, so I do know a little bit about winter driving. I've also got a million or so miles behind the wheel of a big rig, no accidents and no time spent waiting for a tow truck to pull me out of a ditch or median in the winter time (or any other time for that matter).

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

"Whitelightning" wrote

Gee, maybe because of cost in buying two sets of tires. And the inconvenience of swapping them twice a year.

20,000 miles.
Reply to
Chris B

"Steve W." wrote

Did my zip. All the places are no less than 120 miles from me. :(

Reply to
Chris B

Reply to
Sigwings