Better Muffler

I've got a Chevy Silverado pickup with 5.3L engine. Can anyone recommend a muffler to improve mileage with only a small or medium increase in sound level? Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Smith

I have a Stainless 50 Series Flowmaster and Dual Stainless pipes going out the back with Stainless tips Custom done. Sounds Great, and not to loud. You don't need to get Stainless as it's more money. You can even go with a

70 series flowmaster if you want it more quite. The 40 series is Flowmasters Original Muffler and it's pretty loud.
Reply to
JBDragon

Yes, I have found that statement to be true. Loud pipes cost gas for that very reason.

-- Best Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl
70 series is the way to go. I had one on my '95 and I'm about to purchase one for my '04.
Reply to
KB

Dont forget boys and girls, "Loud Pipes Save Lives"

Kiel Uyttenhove

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove