Blazer front pinion seal leak

Have had to replace the front pinion seal twice in past six months on my 2002 Blazer LS. Once by local garage and once by dealer. Both tell me they can find nothing else wrong. Now its leaking again. Anyone have any information or suggestions on this re-occurring problem? Have searched online for any technical bulletins to no avail. The vehicle has about 40,000 miles and I'm the original owner.

Reply to
wayww

Check the axle vent to make sure its not plugged. Is the vehicle lifted?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

check for roughness or grooving where the seal rides, chck for play in the pinion too. kinda makes you wonder if the seal was damaged when installed. take a good look and see if its leaking from the sealing surface or the flange that the seal is pressed into. someone else said check the vent/hose for kinking/blockage, also a good idea. if it does it again I would take it to the local shop where you can talk to tech and tell him to double check everything because of the ongoing problem. Unless of coarse its warranteed by the dealer.

Reply to
ShoeSaleman