Blazer fuel pump interchangeability

I need a fuel pump for my '96 Blazer S-10. Does anyone know what other fuel pumps will interchange with it? All of the fuel pumps in the '96 Blazers in the salvage yards I have visited have been removed. So I need to know what else will work.

Thanks

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Jurgens

Judging from info at AC-Delco's site

only a pump from another 1996 Blazer, Jimmy or Bravada is valid. AC part # MU12 (2dr)or MU13 (4dr)

Checking 1995 or 1997 years the part #'s are different

(probably why they are $270 per NAPAonline)

Have you checked Ebay ? There is a guy selling a repair kit for $60.

--reed

Reply to
Reed

i don't think i would take the trouble of changing a fuel pump and putting in a used one.. thatwould be like asking your neighbor for his used motor oil...you may have an issue with cost..but how much is your time worth? price of new VS having to redo this in 2 weeks...price of new VS returning to your truck on sunday evening about 8pm after a long weekend of fishing/hunting/camping and having a no start ....out of cell range, of course.....it may cost a little more for a new pump , but have you payed for a tow truck lately?

Reply to
taz