Body Styles ????

I'm looking for a Chevy C1500, around a 2000 model, V-8, automatic, SWB. Can someone tell me the difference in a LS and a LT package. What year did they quit putting the 5.7 liter in them? Thanks for any information on these matters.

Jerry

Reply to
Jape

I own a 2000 Silverado Z-71 Ext. Cab 4x4 LT 5.3 unit built in March

2000.

It is a late 2000 due to both the 4 doors & the rubber strips located between the box & cab..... I really like the truck, even with the issues..

The LT had all the little extras: Heater mirrors, Temp & Compass on the rear view mirror, heated Leather seats, the rear window wire defroster..

Dual 6 way power seats, power lumbar seat backs, & center console...

IF I were you, I'd avoid the 99 Silverado with new body style...... as there were many running changes, especially on the 4x2....

The 5.7 motor was ended with the 99 Silverado old body style.....

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

Thanks Dennis, this was very helpful. This part left me curious though..."I really like the truck, even with the issues..", what am I missing? Thanks

Reply to
Jape

Recall & problem issues for the new 1999 model year design...... may include

ABS front brake speed sensor problems, tail gate cables, 4x4 push button cold solder joints, heated mirror failures, compass & temp electronic fail, rear suicide EXT Cab door cold weather fix, and drive shaft spline joint rear lube sticking problem.....

99 4x2 had the front control arm stiffer bushing fix.

If you are aware of these little probs & you or GM has warranty coverage, the Truck is very worthy of purchase consideration....

'Running Changes' made during & after the 99 model year make the 2000s & up nice trucks.....

Reply to
Dennis Mayer