Brake Light Switch

My 92 GMC Sierra has a malfunctioning brake light switch. First noticed when cruise control would only engage while pulling up on the brake pedal with my toe. Pulled out the trusty old service manual from GM and found this crazy switch that is unlike any I have seen before. Kinda triangular in shape with a clip to hold it to the pedal and one to hold it to the bar that the pedal pivots on. Then it has a slide bar for adjustment. Manual gives procedure but that results in brake lights that stay on all of the time. Further tinkering with slide produces lights that work correctly, but cruise still does not engage and brake indicator light on dash comes on after first use and stay on until truck is shut off. I have tried new switch but it produces the same results, so I assume that the adjuster (me) is the problem not the adjustment. Anyone got any hints, tips or a procedure that works as the one in the manual is not working for me or at least as I understand it.

Thanks in advance

Tony

snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com

Reply to