Brake spring pliers

Hello all:

Finally got around to replacing rear drum brakes for the 2002 S10.

Return springs were a pain to re-install. Next time, would a brake spring plier be the right tool to use to install the secondary return spring to the actuator link (ie, the return spring that does not coil over the top post which sticks out of the backing plate). I used a brake spring remover/installer but the installer only worked well on just 1 of the return springs. Could not use it for the other one that connected to the link. Used a needle nose pliers. I got it but it took about a good 5-10 minutes of huffing/puffing. Thinking the pliers would "spread" it apart for easy installation.

thanks.

Reply to
Anon