brakes

On my 1995 s-10 pickup the brake caliper moves about a inch when the brakes are applied at idle. Is this normal? Sounds like the brakes are grabbing extra hard. I recently had the rotor cut and install new semi-metallic disc pads. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Reply to
lybarra

How far does the parking brake move before they hold the vehicle? I ask because its a good indicator of the rear brake adjustment. The further out of adjustment they are, the further the brake pedal moves. Semi metallic brake pads can be noisy, so what you hear may be normal for the pads installed. Why was the rotor cut? did you go metal to metal and chew it up, or did you have a pulsation problem? Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I agree with him , if your back brakes are out of adjustment , your Front Brakes will feel like they are grabing , its that simple , adjust your back Brakes .

Reply to
Sheba