BROKEN DRIVERS SEAT IN '01 BLAZER

My big galute kid somehow bent/broke the back of my electric driver's seat. I can see a bulge on the back of the seat on one side, and the seat will not go all the way forward/up. It is a power seat and all the motors work, but seat will only go about halfway up. Local junkyards only have manual seats that don't match interior. Can I fix this? Can I get the upholsrty off to get at the problem?

Many thanks, Pedro

Reply to
pedro

My experience with newer vehicles is that you can usually get the upholstery off fairly easily. There are usually zippers or plastic snap channels for most of it and a few hog rings along the bottom. On some the fabric is glued to the foam and that makes it a little harder but you may not need to take it off the foam to get to where you need to get.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher