Butt Ugly XM Radio Antenna

I have a 2003 pickup with the biggest and ugliest XM antenna ever made! I bought my wife a 2003 Tahoe and her antenna is much smaller. Has anyone replaced there stock antenna with one more pleasing to the eyes?

Reply to
Neal Conrardy

The problem is the Factory XM Antenna mount with a couple holes though the Roof, one of which the wires run though. You may be able to buy a different newer Factory XM antenna to take it's place though Reports are that they are hard to order. I can't believe those Antenna came out so large and Ugly. The New Aftermarket Micro XM Antenna that are out and coming out are really Small. Go to

and check out the new Blitzsafe Micro Antenna. The thing is Tinny. I have one on my truck. I didn't get the Factory XM Radio though because of the Ugly antennas and I wanted to be able to pay for just

1 Subscription and be able to have XM in my Home and at work also, so I have the Skyfi hooked up.

The New Antenna use just 1 wire, not 2 like the older ones and one ones on the Factory GM XM Radios use. There is a Adapter that is coming out soon to allow you to hook up a Single wire Antenna to a system that expects a 2 wire Antenna. These new Micro antennas work as good or better then the older larger 2 wire ones.

If them Factory XM Antennas really bother you, you could always Remove the Factory Antenna, have a Good Body Shop Repair the holes in your Roof, and Install one of the new Micro Antennas when the Adapter comes out. It's a simple matter then to stick the New Antenna on the Roof right behind the 3rd brake light , Take out the Light and run the wire though there, and across the Headliner to the front. This way would be drastic, so I'd try going to the Dealer and Ordering up a new Antenna of the one you want. Hopefully the new style will fit the old style holes correctly. You'll have to pull down the headliner enough to get access to the bottom of the antenna to Unplug it and unscrew the Nut holding the antenna down on the roof.

Reply to
JBDragon