Cam Upgrade et al??

I have a daily-driver 1994 GMC K1500, rebuilt stock 350 from a local machine shop, bored .030 over, 4X4 AT with stock TBI/injectors, VIN

2GTEK19K7R1548184.

Currently, there is a stock cam in this motor. If possible, can someone give me the spec's on the stock cam , i.e. lift/duration, etc? Also, anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of cam upgrade I could make using the stock heads to give me a bit more horsepower to help my towing capacity? I pull a 19' travel trailer and the truck really bogs on the hills... I would think a 350 could handle it better. I have headers on it, open element air cleaner, electric cooling fans. Is there much more I can do to eek some more HP?

Also, what type of ring gear ratio does this truck have? Would a ring gear change make any difference in towing capability/power to the rear wheels?

Any info/help is greatly appreciated.

Andy

Reply to
AndyW

what size tires are you running?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

With my 1990 C-1500, Edelbrock and Summit racing have been very helpful. Edelbrock Power Package for 1986 to 1995 TBI engines. This gave me a ton of bottom end. You can pull about 500 LB"S for very gear ratio you go up. 3:08, 3:42, 3:73, 4:10. Keep in mind if you change the stock gear ratio you have to change calibration of the Speedo. You are limited to Camshafts, based on the computer, and the computer chip. In glove box will give you the diff ratio

Reply to
cabopeter

With my 1990 C-1500, Edelbrock and Summit racing have been very helpful. Edelbrock Power Package for 1986 to 1995 TBI engines. This gave me a ton of bottom end. You can pull about 500 LB"S for very gear ratio you go up. 3:08, 3:42, 3:73, 4:10. Keep in mind if you change the stock gear ratio you have to change calibration of the Speedo. You are limited to Camshafts, based on the computer, and the computer chip. In glove box will give you the diff ratio

Reply to
cabopeter

Reply to
Andy W

The standard tire size was LT225/75R16, the optional was LT245/75R16, so you have effectively gone four tire sizes larger. The difference is about 2 inches in height, the circumference difference is about 9 inches. That translates to 710 revolutions per mile on the 225, vrs

657 revs per mile on the 265. So drop the tire size down, or change the gear in the rear.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

if the difference is 2 inches in height, the circumference must be 2 x

3.1416 or 6.2856 inches longer, not 9 inches

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Try this web page for different tire sizes

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge