Cap Installation instructions needed.

Just bought a used Century fiberglass truck cap. Trying to find detailed installation instructions. Yes, it seems like a no brainer but I'm sure there are accepted "correct" procedures for installing a cap. I would also appreciate information on the wiring necessary to add a third break light, and interior cargo light. I have scoured Google and found nothing. Anyone know of a link where I can get more info.

Thanks,

Reply to
jgould

And this is going on your 53 Ford?

Does your truck already have a third brake light? If so, just catch the wire to it and extend it to the cap's light. If not, you have to get it at the break light switch as it splits to the individual brake lights by the turn signal switch. You decide where you want the power for the dome light to come from depending on how you want it to work. Are you going to put a switch in the cab to turn it off? You can actually get it from the other side of the brake lamp switch, that way you can make both connections in the same area and it will be easy to remove if you want it out. Be sure to get some inline fuses and install them in any wire you add.

Al

Reply to
Big Al