Catalyst Monitor Problem

The check engine light came on in my 97 Geo Prizm and so I checked the code. The reader showed that the catalyst monitor had not gathered enough data yet, but I have driven it quite a bit since last resting the codes and so it should be initialized by now. The code it shows is P0141, so does anyone have any recommendations on what could be wrong so I can make the catalyst monitor work again. Thanks, Dave Johansen

Reply to
davejohansen

I think the code p0141 is a Secondary oxygen sensor heater malfunction. That is the OS that screws into the Cat. Converter. Something is wrong with the heater ckt.

Reply to
Andy & Carol

Reply to
davejohansen

Ves, unplug the the ox sensor, on the cat converter,I don't know the pin positions, but check the continuity on the heater pins , I think they should be between 10 and 40 ohms, not sure of the resistance. Then make sure you have heater voltage on the connector, to power the senser heater ckt. The sensors aren't cheap!

Reply to
Andy & Carol